Chemix SB-60 is one component solvent based rich bitumen emulsion that when applied, obtains a damp proof protective coating. It gives a continuous barrier to the passage of water and water vapor. It dries slowly and acts as a protective and curing material for all cementitious substrates, masonry, and brick walls.
Chemix SB-60 could also be used as a primer and adhesive for a wide range of bituminous membranes, and for under cladding works for facades.
Chemix SB-60 could also used as a curing compound for the concrete which is supposed to be buried (like foundation) if coated just after the final set of the concrete takes place, and thus Chemix SB-60 gives a free cost save for its user.
- Waterproofing for foundations and all underground works.
- Waterproofing for wet areas like balconies, terraces, toilets and kitchens.
- As a primer for all reinforced bituminous membrane isolation systems (excluding torch apply).
- As a curing agent for underground concrete.
- For all cladding works under marble and metal sections finishing.
- Good adhesion to most construction substrates.
- Non Flammable.
- Could be applied over green concrete and damp surfaces.
- Asbestos free
- Easy to apply, one component.
- Slow drying; good as an adhesive.
- Economical, especially if used as a curing and damp proof agent in a time.
- Resists chloride ion, and sulfates attack.
Chemix SB-60 complies with the following ASTM standards
D 4479, D70 ASTM C309 Water retention requirement as a curing compound
Chemix SB-60 (Water Proofing)