Oxidized Bitumen is a product manufactured from vacuum residues and related flux oils. Typical grades are suitable for use within the roofing and industrial markets. The product is manufactured on a state-of-the-art, high capacity plant with the ability to manufacture up to 50 metric tons per 10 hours. With a fully automated process, the product is packaged in approximate 25kg polyethylene wrapped blocks. This packing can then be melted in conventional boilers without the need for removal.
The product is manufactured in accordance with and to conform to BS 3690 and ASTM D312. Certificates of Analysis are available by batch upon request for all orders.
- As a bonding bitumen for roofing sheet membranes.
- As a hot applied waterproofing layer.
- Carpet tile manufacture.
- As a raw material for liquid bitumen coatings.
- Weatherproof packaging for flexibility of storage.
- High capacity, quality assured manufacture.
- Conforms to BS and ASTM standards with regards to softening point and penetration.
- Wrapping can be melted in conventional boilers without the need for removal.
Chemix Oxi. Bitumen 85/25